A Message from Your Membership Co-Chairs
Sherry Levin Wallach
Member since 1996
Member since 1999
Welcome and Thank You
On behalf of the New York State Bar Association, welcome to Module 2 of the New Member Orientation Program. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of all the membership benefits available to you.
These valuable benefits include the latest in continuing legal education, various information resources, influence on pertinent legislation, mentoring, networking, career resources and opportunities for professional satisfaction and advancement, insurance and financial services, discount programs, and above all, life long camaraderie – to name a few.
If you have any questions concerning your membership, the Membership Services Department at (518) 487-5577, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, thank you and welcome to the New York State Bar Association.
New Member Orientation
The New York State Bar Association welcomes you to Module 2: Member Benefits. You may view Module 2 by choosing one of the chapter titles from the menu.
- Continuing Legal Education
- Information resources to keep you up-to-date with legal developments
- www.nysba.org – NYSBA’s award-winning
- Insurance and Financial Services
Continuing Legal Education
- Excellent member discounts
- More than 225 live programs throughout the state every year
- More than 65 courses online
- Discounts of up to 30% for NYSBA members
- 130 titles on CDs or DVDs
- NYSBA Journal, with substantive articles on timely legal topics
- New York State Law Digest featuring monthly analysis of Court of Appeals decisions
- State Bar News highlighting Association legislative actions and member initiatives; and
- The Government, Law and Policy Journal with cutting edge analysis of public policy issues and trends, especially for attorneys in government law offices. Just call 518.487.5577, or e-mail the Membership Services office to be added to the mailing list at email@example.com
- Ethics opinions
- A wide-ranging collection of reference books
- More than 100 downloadable forms, including automated forms powered by HotDocs
- Section newsletters and publications (with Section membership)
- Case updates in substantive areas, delivered by e-mail
www.nysba.org NYSBA’s award-winning Web site
- Membership provide their own members-only online communities, discussion groups, Section newsletters, from LoisLaw.com
- Continuing Legal Education provides access to online course listings and registration, as well as a CLE credit tracker
- For Attorneys provides easily searchable ethics opinions, free legal research through Loislaw.com, online forms, practice management tools and searchable publications
What you know
Who you know
How you distinguish yourself
- NYSBA's 25 Sections offer you trememdous opportunities for advancing your career. Network with judges and leading attorneys in your areas of practice. Share your views, and learn from your colleagues, in our Section meetings and Forums Listserves.
- Improve your knowledge and hone your skills through active participation in Section events and committees.
- Section publications and Web sites offer you exclusive access to information in many popular practice areas.
- Disability income
- Professional Liability
- Homeowners and renters
For more information, contact USI Affinity at 800.727.7770
- Group insurance programs: NEW health
(MVP) and dental (GHI) coverage from USI
- Personal insurance programs: life, disability, and professional liability (800.727.7770); and, auto, homeowners and renters (800.987.9350)
- Checking accounts: $100 Bonus on qualifying personal checking accounts, Keep the Change® with double the typical bonus match rate, FREE Online Banking and unlimited Bill Pay (www.bankofamerica.com/nysba)
- Credit cards: the no-annual-fee NYSBA Platinum Plus MasterCard® credit card from Bank of America (800.598.8791, code TIY2)
Financial Services continued...
- NYSBA Rewards American Express® Card from Bank of America (800.447.5555, code CZP0) profit sharing 401(k), defined benefit, target benefit, and other plans from State Street Bank (877.947.2272)
- Deposit accounts: IRAs, CDs, and money market accounts from Bank of America (800.345.0397, code EA0HS)
Member Benefits and Savings Programs
Questions or Concerns?
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us directly by calling the New York State Bar Membership Services Department at 1.518.487.5577, or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Membership Services staff is happy to assist. They are: