Trusts and Estates Law Institute III (2005)
This Third Annual Sophisticated Trusts and Estates Law Institute, a program of national reach and sophisticated content, features many of the most prominent and knowledgeable experts not only from New York, but from across the country.
As in past years' Institutes, this program covers a wide range of the most timely and important topics in trusts and estates practice. Prominent authorities from across the nation address the latest developments in case law, ruling, Federal legislation; and provide in-depth, sophisticated coverage of the topics set forth below.
· Overview and Update
· Recent Developments and Trends in Asset Protection Planning
· Update on Disclaimers
· Update on Uniform Laws
· Trusts & Estates Litigation
· Tax Ramifications in the Art World
· Community Property Considerations in Separate Property States
· Planning for Distributions from Qualified Plans and IRAs
· Income and Estate Tax Issues Associated with Valuing Liabilities at Death
· New Developments in Charitable Planning
· Drafting for Flexibility in Choice of Law
· Issues Confronting Charities
·What Every Trusts and Estates Lawyer Needs
to Know About
· Liquidity and Other Issues at the Death of An Owner of a Pass-Through Entity
· Conflicts and Ethics
Joshua S. Rubenstein, Esq. (Conference Chair)
Professor Ira M. Bloom
Louis C. Ciliberti, CFP CLU ChFC
Louis C. Ciliberti and Associates Ltd
Michelle Clayton, Esq.
Conference of Commissioners on
Robert W. Goldman, Esq.
Goldman Felcoski & Stone, P.A.
Stuart J. Gross, Esq.
Roberts & Holland LLP
Marcia Chadwick Holt, Esq.
Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP
Joseph Kartiganer, Esq.
Attorney at Law
Andrew M. Katzenstein, Esq.
Katten Muchin Rosenman, LLP
Thompson Coburn LLP
Bradley G. Korell, Esq.
Osborne & Helman, LLP
William P. LaPiana, Esq.
Ralph E. Lerner, Esq.
Brown & Wood
Neill G. McBryde, Esq.
Moore & Van Allen PLLC
Malcolm A. Moore, Esq.
Gerald A. Rosenberg, Esq.
Chief of the Charities Bureau
New York State Attorney General's Office
Bruce M. Stone, Esq.
Goldman Felcoski & Stone P.A.
James Dean Spratt, Jr., Esq.
King & Spalding LLP
Justin L. Vigdor, Esq.
Boylan, Brown, Code, Vigdor & Wilson, LLP
Total MCLE Credits......... 14.0
Ethics MCLE Credits....... 1.0
* Each additional person who uses the tapes for MCLE credit must purchase a copy of the “MCLE coursebook.”
* This recording already includes one copy of the MCLE course materials. Course materials provided electronically for all CLE Online Programs, and for CD/DVD Programs from 2010 and later. CD/DVD Programs prior to 2010 include a printed copy of the course materials.