Starting Your Own Practice (2010)
Starting up a solo or small firm has its own unique financial,
technical and practical concerns, but beginning a practice also has its
own set of rewards, fulfillment and accomplishments. To maximize your
chance for success, you must have a plan. Whether you are considering a
change or are a recent law school graduate, the experienced faculty
provides a blueprint for startin your own practice.
The materials include a checklist for starting a firm in New York
• Do You Have What It Takes: Marketing Yourself and Your
• How To Organize Your Practice
• Financial Management for the New Law Practice
• Ethical Issues of Starting a Practice
• Insurance Considerations for Your Startup Practice
• Technology for Your Practice
• Human Resources for the Startup Practice
Professor Gary A. Munneke (Chair)
Pace University School of Law
Carolyn Elefant, Esq.
Law Office of Carolyn Elefant
Michael C. Rakower, Esq.
Law Office of Michael C. Rakower
—New York City
Marian C. Rice, Esq.
L'Abbate Balkan Colavita & Contini, LLP
—Garden City, NJ
Nancy B. Schess,
Klein, Zelman, Rothermel LLP
—New York, City
Carol L. Schlein,
Law Office Systems, Inc.
Steven M. Silverberg,
Silverberg Zalantis, LLP
Total MCLE Credits 7.5
Ethics MCLE Credits 2.5
* Each additional person who uses the tapes for MCLE credit must
purchase a copy of the “MCLE coursebook.”
The product type below that starts with the letter 'V' is
a video online program that you will view and listen to on your computer
screen. The program code for each topic that you write on the included
MCLE Form only appears on the screen and is not announced by
The product type beginning with the number '8'
is an audio-only online program that you may listen to through your
computer OR download to a portable media player. You will hear the
program codes for the MCLE Form announced by audio during the
+ Each additional person who uses the recorded media for MCLE credit must purchase a copy of this "MCLE coursebook"
||Non Member Price
Starting Your Own Practice (2010) (This product cannot be used to receive MCLE credit) (CLE CourseBooks) 1A06
+ Starting Your Own Practice (2010) (MCLE credit only if you have access to the course's audio/video/CD recording. You cannot receive MCLE credit from a coursebook alone.) (CLE CourseBooks) 1A06M
* Starting Your Own Practice (2010) (MCLE Audio on CD) DA064
* Starting Your Own Practice (2010) (CLE on DVD) FA064
Starting Your Own Practice (2010) Video Archive [Video] (On-Line Programs) VA064
Starting Your Own Practice 2010 [Audio] (On-Line Programs) 80A06
* This recording already includes one copy of the MCLE course materials. Course materials provided electronically for all CLE Online Programs, and for CD/DVD Programs from 2010 and later. CD/DVD Programs prior to 2010 include a printed copy of the course materials.