Workers' Compensation Law Update (2011)
The Workers’ Compensation Board held 291,737 hearings in 2010 and over 122,000 new claims were submitted. It is therefore no surprise that almost every attorney in New York is approached to represent an injured worker or an employer in a workers’ compensation claim.
Workers’ Compensation Law Update – 2011 will provide you with an overview of the fundamental concepts and issues faced in all workers’ compensation cases, together with an in-depth treatment of several of the more complex issues frequently encountered by practitioners.
New and experienced attorneys will benefit from this practical
program in which seasoned practitioners will discuss:
• What Is NYS Workers’ Compensation?
• Workers’ Compensation Issues
• Ethical Considerations in a Workers’ Compensation Claim
• Medical Treatment Guidelines
• Section 32 Settlements and CMS Involvement
• Third Party Actions
Christopher R. Lemire, Esq. (Chair)
Jason M. Carlton, Esq.
Carl D. Copps, Esq.
Alex C. Dell, Esq.
Matthew R. Mead, Esq.
Justin S. Teff, Esq.
Total MCLE Credits 7.0
The product type below that starts with the letter 'V' is a video online program that you will view and listen to on your computer screen.
The product type beginning with the number '8' is an audio-only online program that you may listen to through your computer OR download to a portable media player.
* This recording already includes one copy of the MCLE course materials. Course materials provided electronically for all CLE Online Programs, and for CD/DVD Programs from 2010 and later. CD/DVD Programs prior to 2010 include a printed copy of the course materials.