Partner Compensation Systems (2012)
The overall goal of a partner compensation system is – or
should be - to align compensation with the value of the contribution of
each partner to the law firm. The contribution or value of each partner
varies in kind and amount, i.e., business origination, producers of
legal work, consequential non-revenue producing activities or a
The challenge to lawyer management is to determine the relative value
of each of these contributions in order to ensure that the system works
by compensating partners fairly and motivating them to perform these
Chaired by a nationally recognized law firm management consultant and
featuring managing partners of law firms as panelists, this program
provides a comprehensive overview of partner compensation systems and
examples of compensation systems. Topics include the following:
* The role of compensation in a law firm
* Key issues central to every well conceived and implemented
* The importance of tying the Compensation system to achieve the
firm’s economic goals and professional objectives
* Compensation criteria to motivate partners to originate new business,
produce Legal Work, work hard, manage the firm and its components,
market the firm and train associates
* The relationship of business origination to compensation, i.e.,
permanency of origination credit vs. a sunset rule; allocating credit
for new business/cross-selling
* The relationship of billings and collections to compensation
* The relationship of delegation of work to others to compensation
* The relationship of firm management and administrative assignments to
Joel A. Rose
Joel A. Rose and Associates
—Cherry Hill, NJ
Michael L. Faltischek, Esq.
Larry Wolinsky, Esq.
Jacobowitz & Gubits, LLP
John J. Pollock, Esq.
Levene, Gould & Thompson, LLP
Total MCLE Credits 1.5
Ethics MCLE Credits 0.0
The product type below that starts with the letter 'V' is a video online
program that you will view and listen to on your computer
The product type beginning with the number '8' is an
audio-only online program that you may listen to through your computer
OR download to a portable media player.
+ Each additional person who uses the recorded media for MCLE credit must purchase a copy of this "MCLE coursebook"
||Non Member Price
+ Partnership Compensation Systems (2012) (MCLE credit only if you have access to the course's DVD/CD recording. You cannot receive MCLE credit from a coursebook alone.) (CLE CourseBooks) 1D11M
* Partner Compensation Systems (2012) (MCLE Audio on CD) DD111
* Partner Compensation Systems (2012) (CLE on DVD) FD111
Partner Compensation Systems (2012) [Video] (On-Line Programs) VD111
Partner Compensation Systems (2012) [Audio] (On-Line Programs) 80D11
* This recording already includes one copy of the MCLE course materials. Course materials provided electronically for all CLE Online Programs, and for CD/DVD Programs from 2010 and later. CD/DVD Programs prior to 2010 include a printed copy of the course materials.