Representing a Political Candidate (and Winning!) (2008)
The complexities and minutiae in election law and its processes -
from getting on the ballot, financing the campaign, monitoring
activities on election day, and all the way through to post-election
court challenges – create vast opportunities for inadvertent and
substantial errors that can create court challenges and greatly affect
candidates and their campaigns.
This important program is a practical hands-on primer that will
familiarize you with the New York laws regulating elections in the
state, offer tips in monitoring an election as a poll watcher, and
suggest how to most appropriately handle challenges and controversies
when they do arise.
• Getting and Staying on the Ballot
• Election-Day Monitoring
• Campaign Finance in a Nutshell
• Post-Election Legal Strategies and Options
Jeffrey H. Pearlman, Esq. (Chair) Counsel, Office of the Governor
Jeffrey T. Buley, Esq.
Brown, McMahon & Weintraub, LLC
Christopher T. Higgins, Esq. Counsel, Senate Minority
New York State Senate
James E. Long, Esq.
Attorney at Law
Thomas J. Spargo, Esq. Attorney at Law
MCLE Credits...... 3.5
MCLE Credits..... 0.0
* Each additional person who uses the tapes for MCLE credit must
purchase a copy of the “MCLE coursebook.”
Non Member Price
Representing a Political Candidate (and Winning!) (2008) (This product cannot be used to receive MCLE credit) (CLE CourseBooks) 1890
+ Representing a Political Candidate (and Winning!) (2008) (MCLE credit only if you have access to the course's audio/video/CD recording. You cannot receive MCLE credit from a coursebook alone.) (CLE CourseBooks) 1890M
* Representing a Political Candidate (and Winning!) (2008) (MCLE Audio on CD) D8901
+ Each additional person who uses the recorded media for MCLE credit must purchase a copy of this "MCLE coursebook"
* This recording already includes one copy of the MCLE course materials. Course materials provided electronically for all CLE Online Programs, and for CD/DVD Programs from 2010 and later. CD/DVD Programs prior to 2010 include a printed copy of the course materials.
NEW YORK STATE BAR ASSOCIATION, ONE ELK STREET, ALBANY, NY 12207 PH: (518) 463-3200 SECURE FX: (518) 463-5993