The Workers’ Compensation Board held 291,737 hearings in 2010
and over 122,000 new claims were submitted. It is therefore no surprise
that almost every attorney in New York is approached to represent an
injured worker or an employer in a workers’ compensation
Workers’ Compensation Law Update – 2011 will provide you
with an overview of the fundamental concepts and issues faced in all
workers’ compensation cases, together with an in-depth treatment
of several of the more complex issues frequently encountered by
New and experienced attorneys will benefit from this practical
program in which seasoned practitioners will discuss:
• Basic issues encountered in all
• Navigating the sea of forms and
information to be produced by claimants and employers
• Understanding and applying the new
Medical Treatment Guidelines
• Negotiating settlement of claims,
including Medicare Set-aside Agreements
• Compensation liens: the interplay of
Workers’ Compensation, No-Fault and Personal Injury Practice
• Ethical issues faced in workers’
• What Is NYS Workers’
• Workers’ Compensation Issues
• Ethical Considerations in a Workers’
• Medical Treatment Guidelines
• Section 32 Settlements and CMS
• Third Party Actions
Christopher R. Lemire, Esq. (Chair)
Lemire Johnson LLC
Jason M. Carlton, Esq.
Gitto & Niefer LLP
Carl D. Copps, Esq.
New York State Bar Association
Alex C. Dell, Esq.
Law Firm of Alex C. Dell
Matthew R. Mead, Esq.
Stockton, Barker & Mead LLP
Justin S. Teff, Esq.
Law Office of Ralph M. Kirk
Total MCLE Credits 7.0
Ethics MCLE Credits 0.5
The product type below that starts with the letter 'V' is
a video online program that you will view and listen to on your computer
The product type beginning with the number
'8' is an audio-only online program that you may listen to through your
computer OR download to a portable media player.
Non Member Price
Workers' Compensation Law Update (2011) (This product cannot be used to receive MCLE credit) (CLE CourseBooks) 1B97
+ Workers' Compensation Law Update (2011) (MCLE credit only if you have access to the course's audio/video/CD recording. You cannot receive MCLE credit from a coursebook alone.) (CLE CourseBooks) 1B97M
* Workers' Compensation Law Update (2011) (MCLE Audio on CD) DB971
* Workers' Compensation Law Update (2011) (CLE on DVD) FB971
Workers' Compensation Law Update (2011) [Video] (On-Line Programs) VB971
Workers' Compensation Law Update 2011 [Audio] (On-Line Programs) 80B97
+ Each additional person who uses the recorded media for MCLE credit must purchase a copy of this "MCLE coursebook"
* This recording already includes one copy of the MCLE course materials. Course materials provided electronically for all CLE Online Programs, and for CD/DVD Programs from 2010 and later. CD/DVD Programs prior to 2010 include a printed copy of the course materials.
NEW YORK STATE BAR ASSOCIATION, ONE ELK STREET, ALBANY, NY 12207 PH: (518) 463-3200 SECURE FX: (518) 463-5993