Operating the NY Not-for-Profit Organization (2011)
This program is more than a typical survey course on the law
affecting not-for-profit organizations, as the speakers focus on ongoing
operational and governance issues and the “best practices”
the organization’s board, administration and advisors should
employ during the various stages of the organization’s
The program also devotes attention to current “hot
topics” the counselor of not-for-profits must understand, such as
“benefit corporations,” fiscal sponsorship arrangements,
mergers and acquisitions in the not-for-profit area, and incorporating
in Delaware rather than in New York.
The experienced faculty members share tips and provide guidance in
identifying and addressing the special legal and practical areas of
concern to not-for-profits and their members. Time has also been
reserved in the program to discuss the latest activity and proposals by
the state legislature and Congress affecting not-for-profits.
• Structure, Formation and Operation: An
• Selected Current Issues Relating to Federal and State
• Particular Not-For-Profit Organizations
• The Role of The New York Attorney
• Role and Perspectives of the NYS Department of
• Fundraising and Development Issues and
• Best Practices: Board Functions
• Best Practices: Operational Issues
Michael A. O. de Freitas, Esq. (Chair, Moderator and
William C. Moran & Associates, P.C.
Timothy J. Conan, Esq.
Costello, Cooney & Fearon, PLLC
Nathan M. Courtney, Esq.
Assistant Attorney General
Charities Bureau, Office of the Attorney General
Joshua E. Gewolb, Esq.
Harter Secrest & Emery LLP
Anita L. Pelletier, Esq.
Nixon Peabody LLP
Gary M. Trechel, Esq.
New York State Department of State
Total MCLE Credits 7.0
Ethics MCLE Credits 0.5
The product type below that starts with the letter 'V' is
a video online program that you will view and listen to on your computer
The product type beginning with the number
'8' is an audio-only online program that you may listen to through your
computer OR download to a portable media player.
Non Member Price
Operating the NY Not-for-Profit Organization (2011) (This product cannot be used to receive MCLE credit) (CLE CourseBooks) 1C02
+ Operating the NY Not-for-Profit Organization (2011) (MCLE credit only if you have access to the course's audio/video/CD recording. You cannot receive MCLE credit from a coursebook alone.) (CLE CourseBooks) 1C02M
* Operating the NY Not-for-Profit Organization (2011) (MCLE Audio on CD) DC021
* Operating the NY Not-for-Profit Organization (2011) (CLE on DVD) FC021
Operating the New York Not-for-Profit Organization (2011) [Audio] (On-Line Programs) 80C02
Operating the New York Not-For-Profit Organization (2011) [Video] (On-Line Programs) VC021
+ Each additional person who uses the recorded media for MCLE credit must purchase a copy of this "MCLE coursebook"
* This recording already includes one copy of the MCLE course materials. Course materials provided electronically for all CLE Online Programs, and for CD/DVD Programs from 2010 and later. CD/DVD Programs prior to 2010 include a printed copy of the course materials.
NEW YORK STATE BAR ASSOCIATION, ONE ELK STREET, ALBANY, NY 12207 PH: (518) 463-3200 SECURE FX: (518) 463-5993