Although Special Education Law has become a specialized and complex
area of law, this program should be invaluable to both the Special
Education Law bar and to general practitioners seeking to add this area
to their practice. Eligibility decisions about a child’s
need for special education and related services are made on a
case-by-case basis. Disputes in Special Education Law typically
arise when parents don’t agree with school administrators’
proposed individualized education programs. In disputed cases,
parents typically charge that the school system is either not doing
enough or is providing the wrong services for their child.
A distinguished faculty explores critical issues in Special Education
Law and provides insights on how to effectively represent your client
from early intervention through appellate practice in both State and
Federal forums. Proper handling of Special Education cases will become
more critical as school districts encounter greater fiscal
• Governing Statutes
• Rowley and Progeny - Where Are We Today?
• Bullying of Students with Disabilities and FAPE
• Advocating for Students With a
• Litigating the Special Education Case at Impartial
• Special Education Appeal Practice
• The Fee Shifting Statute
• Special Needs Planning for Families of Children with
Tara L. Moffett, Esq. (Chair)
Girvin & Ferlazzo, P.C.
Barbara J. Ebenstein, Esq.
Law Office of Barbara J. Ebenstein
Maria C. McGinley, Esq.
Mayerson & Associates
—New York City
Jennifer J. Monthie, Esq.
Disability Advocates, Inc.
Karen S. Norlander, Esq. Girvin
& Ferlazzo, P.C.
Tara Anne Pleat, Esq.
Wilcenski & Pleat PLLC
Mary Jo Whateley, Esq. Legal Services of The
Total MCLE Credits 7.0
Ethics MCLE Credits 0.0
The product type below that starts with the letter 'V' is
a video online program that you will view and listen to on your computer
The product type beginning with the number
'8' is an audio-only online program that you may listen to through your
computer OR download to a portable media player.
Non Member Price
Special Education Law Update (2011) (This product cannot be used to receive MCLE credit) (CLE CourseBooks) 1C19
+ Special Education Law Update (2011) (MCLE credit only if you have access to the course's audio/video/CD recording. You cannot receive MCLE credit from a coursebook alone.) (CLE CourseBooks) 1C19M
* Special Education Law Update (2011) (MCLE Audio on CD) DC191
* Special Education Law Update (2011) (CLE on DVD) FC191
Special Education Law Update (2011) [Video] (On-Line Programs) VC191
Special Education Law Update (2011) [Audio] (On-Line Programs) 80C19
+ Each additional person who uses the recorded media for MCLE credit must purchase a copy of this "MCLE coursebook"
* This recording already includes one copy of the MCLE course materials. Course materials provided electronically for all CLE Online Programs, and for CD/DVD Programs from 2010 and later. CD/DVD Programs prior to 2010 include a printed copy of the course materials.
NEW YORK STATE BAR ASSOCIATION, ONE ELK STREET, ALBANY, NY 12207 PH: (518) 463-3200 SECURE FX: (518) 463-5993