To acknowledge and give statewide recognition to the professional and public service programs sponsored by the local, ethnic, specialty and minority bar associations in New York state. The program also acquaints bar leaders with new activities and programs that promote the public welfare, public understanding of the law or the professional responsibilities of attorneys.
Presented by: New York State Conference of Bar Leaders
Award Criteria: Projects and/or programs designed and significantly implemented between June 1 through August 31 which: involve or affect most of the members of the sponsoring association; and/or; make a significant contribution to the bar and the public. Judging is based on ingenuity and creativity in planning the project, overall quality and scope of the project in relation to the association’s resources.
Three separate awards are presented: large bar associations with 2000+ members; medium bar associations with 500-1999 members, and small bar associations, with less than 500 members.
• Completed nomination form.
• Two copies of a typewritten narrative detailing the project (maximum of 10 double-spaced pages).
• Nominations must be submitted on 8 1/2 x 11” paper.
• Do not place materials in binders or other presentation folders.
• Exhibits may be submitted such as video tapes and publications.
• One entry per association.
• Nomination materials cannot be returned.