Committee on Association Insurance Programs Home
ASSOCIATION INSURANCE PROGRAMS
Formed: June 1, 1968
To investigate and recommend to Association members
and their employees with the approval of the Executive Committee,
association plan insurance products that are designed to provide broad
insurance protection on a competitive basis from stable markets, to
maintain the viability, utility and financial integrity of the sponsored
insurance programs, and to select and monitor insurance administrators
on behalf of the Association to insure that the best interests of the
Association and its members are served.
GOAL: To sponsor association plan insurance
products that benefit the Association's members and employees.
1. Determine the insurance needs and interests of Association
members and employees by seeking input from the membership and being
responsive to suggestions and inquiries from Association members.
2. Assess the economic and insurance viability of sponsored
programs to maintain the utility and quality of the sponsored
3. Investigate and review new insurance products for possible
sponsorship by the Association.
4. Communicate with insurance carriers to maintain the best
possible policy design and competitive pricing.
5. Monitor acceptance of existing and new insurance products
sponsored by the Association.
6. Work with plan administrators to enhance marketing efforts.
7. Select new insurance carriers and products, and evaluate
existing insurance products sponsored by the Association, which are
stable, financially sound, and which offer a reasonably attractive
insurance product at competitive prices to Association members and
NEW YORK STATE BAR ASSOCIATION, ONE ELK STREET, ALBANY, NY 12207 PH: (518) 463-3200 SECURE FX: (518) 463-5993