The County Coordinators of the Mock Trial program are the primary reason the Mock Trial program in New York State is so successful. County Coordinators are responsible for fielding teams from the schools in their county, distributing materials to their teams, providing attorney mentors to teams in need, arranging the local tournament schedule, securing tournament space and judges, resolving any conflicts, and collecting all relevant CLE information. Nearly all the County Coordinators do even more, such as providing food and drink for teams, helping to arrange for transportation if needed, assisting students in attending the Mock Trial Summer Institute, and holding awards ceremonies for teams at the end of the season. Needless to say, the New York State Mock Trial tournament depends on the hard work of the County Coordinators, and the NYSBA and LYC are grateful for their continued effort each year.
Attention County Coordinators: The current Mock Trial Current Case and any Correction Memos or additional information about the case can be found at www.nysba.org/mtcase
County Coordinators: You can download the PDF files below, save them to your computer or just print them.
(If you would like a copy of the form in Microsoft Word, please contact Kim Francis at
• Coordinator Letter and Mock Trial Program Reminders
• Checklist of Responsibilities
• Sample Dear Educator Letter (provided as an example if you choose to use it)
• Sample Mock Trial Tournament Entry Form (provided as an example if you choose to use it)
• Mock Trial Team Registration Form (print out only)
• Mock Trial Team Registration Form (fillable pdf version)
• Sample Attorney Coach CLE Certification Form (provided as an example if you choose to use it)
• CLE Credit Request Form * (print out only) - to be completed by the Coordinator and submitted to LYC
• CLE Credit Request Form * (fillable pdf version) - to be completed by the Coordinator and submitted to LYC
• New York State Rules for Mock Trial CLE Credit
• Mock Trial Common Core Alignment
* County Coordinators - please be sure to collect the CLE information for your attorneys AND judges and submit the completed CLE Credit Request Form to Kim Francis at