The practice of law continues to become more global in step with commerce.
To address this continuously growing and changing global environment, the
Committee on International Litigation focuses on:
- Monitoring and improving the substantive and procedural law of international
litigation and arbitration.
- Educating the domestic bar in these areas.
- Educating the judiciary and practitioners in foreign jurisdictions about
litigation in U.S.courts and exchanging information
on litigation and arbitration.
The Committee accomplishes its mission by:
- Reporting on current issues and pending legislation and rulemaking.
- Conducting seminars.
- Assisting local courts with visits by foreign judicial and other
- Acting as a resource for information and providing referral information to
domestic and foreign attorneys.
The International Litigation Committee is chaired by Clara Flebus, Jersey City, NJ.
- Preparing updated report on
enforcement of foreign judgments: Sung Hwan Co., Ltd. v. Rite Aid
Corp., 7 N.Y.3d 78, 817 N.Y.S.2d 600
- Participating in discussions with foreign delegations visiting New
York courts and government agencies