The practice of law continues to become more global in step with commerce.
To address this continuously growing and changing global environment, the
Committee on International Litigation focuses on:
- Monitoring and improving the substantive and procedural law of international
litigation and arbitration.
- Educating the domestic bar in these areas.
- Educating the judiciary and practitioners in foreign jurisdictions about
litigation in U.S.courts and exchanging information
on litigation and arbitration.
The Committee accomplishes its mission by:
- Reporting on current issues and pending legislation and rulemaking.
- Conducting seminars.
- Assisting local courts with visits by foreign judicial and other
- Acting as a resource for information and providing referral information to
domestic and foreign attorneys.
The International Litigation Committee is chaired by Clara Flebus, Appellate Court
Attorney at New York Supreme Court, New York City email@example.com and Ted Semaya, Eaton & Van Winkle, LLP, New York City firstname.lastname@example.org
- Preparing updated report on
enforcement of foreign judgments: Sung Hwan Co., Ltd. v. Rite Aid
Corp., 7 N.Y.3d 78, 817 N.Y.S.2d 600
- Participating in discussions with foreign delegations visiting New
York courts and government agencies