The Mission of the Federal Procedure Committee of the Commercial and Federal
Litigation Section of the New York State Bar Association is to comment on, and
present to the public and interested observers issues concerning existing or
prospective developments relating to practice in federal courts under the
Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and Federal Rules of Evidence.
The Federal Procedure Committee is Co-Chaired by James F.
Parver, New York City email@example.com and Michael C. Rakower,
Rakower Lupkin PLLC, New York City firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whether The Heightened Pleading Requirements Of Twombly and Iqbal Apply To Pleading Affirmative Defenses (Adobe PDF File)
- Report On Proposed Amendments to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 45 (Adobe PDF File)
- Report on District Court Review of Magistrate Judge’s Reports and Recommendations: Should Arguments Not Previously Made to the Magistrate Judge Be Considered (Adobe PDF File)
- Rule 5 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure Should Be Revised To Allow For Electronic Service of Papers Without Prior Consent (Adobe PDF File)
- Report On Proposed Amendments To Rule 56 (Adobe PDF File)
- Report On Proposed Amendments to Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 1, 4, 16, 26, 30,
31, 33, 34, 36, 37, 84 and Appendix of Forms (Adobe PDF)
Join the Committee