Social media is becoming one of the primary means of communicating in our
ever-growing world of e-commerce. The mission of the Committee on Social Media
is multi-faceted and includes:
- Using social media to promote the work of the New York State Bar
Association, the Commercial and Federal Litigation Section and the Committee on
Social Media by providing Section members current information about the Section,
including CLEs and important legal developments.
- Educating Section members about the risks and benefits of using social media
as part of their law practice and their professional obligations in using social
media, including ethical, disciplinary and malpractice issues.
- Educating Section members about “best practices” concerning preservation and
collection of social media for use in litigation and investigations, types of
social media and its discoverability, and use of social media to prosecute and
defend a case.
- Organizing and sponsoring CLEs.
- Monitoring legislative developments.
- Addressing appropriate corporate policies.
The Committee on Social Media is co-chaired by Ronald J. Hedges, Dentons, New York City, and Ignatius A. Grande, Hughes
Hubbard & Reed LLP, New York City,