Highlights of the June 2011 House of Delegates Meeting:
• The Root-Stimson Award was presented to
Robert Michael Greene of Buffalo in recognition of his medical missions to
• The Committee on Membership reported
the results of the three-year Challenge that had been launched on January 1,
• Vincent E. Doyle III was formally
installed as President of the Association, with the oath of office being
administered by Past President Maryann Saccomando Freedman.
• The House approved the report of the
Task Force on New York Law in International Matters, which contains
recommendations to encourage the use of New York law as an international
standard and New York as a forum for dispute resolution.
• The Attorney Professionalism Award was
presented to James P. Bessette of Malone.
• The Special Committee on Discovery and
Case Management in Federal Litigation presented an informational report
regarding preservation and spoliation of electronically stored
• The House approved the report and
recommendations of the Committee on Standards of Attorney Conduct to add 12 new
comments and seven amended comments to the Rules of Professional
• The Task Force on Family-Friendly
Issues reported on initiatives being reviewed by the Task Force to encourage
family participation in Bar activities, including the development of a “best
practices” guide for sections and activities scheduled for families during