The New York State Bar Association today announced that it is partnering with USI Bertholon-Rowland and MVP Health Care, a leading benefits provider throughout New York State, to offer a new benefit to members -- a comprehensive health insurance program. This exciting new benefit offers plans tailored to the unique needs of New York attorneys.
New York State Bar Association President Kathryn Grant Madigan (Levene Gouldin & Thompson LLP) said the plan was offered to meet the needs of the Association's growing membership, saying, "We are delighted to introduce this important new member benefit for our Association members and their families, as well as colleagues and staff. Our members tell us that securing quality, affordable health care is a challenge for them and we are pleased to partner with MVP Healthcare to serve that essential need."
Madigan continued, "This insurance program will provide competitive regionalized rates and comprehensive, top rated group health care coverage to all New Yorkattorneys who wish to participate. We also hope that this new member benefit will enable us to better serve not only our current members but encourage eligible non-Association members to take a careful look at the wide array of programs and services we offer and the unparalleled opportunities for professional and personal growth. The addition of this group health insurance program is another example of the value and relevance we have traditionally provided to our members."
Three new comprehensive plan designs are now available to New York State Bar Association members, offering comprehensive group medical and prescription coverage at competitive rates. All three plan designs are available to both sole practitioners and small-to-mid size firms, with larger firms (50+) having increased options for plan customization.
Larry Schiffer (Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP), chair of the Association Committee on Association Insurance Programs said, "For a number of years, the most requested insurance benefit sought by Association members in solo and small to mid-sized firms has been group heath insurance for themselves and their associates and staff. With MVP Healthcare, the Association is now able to offer its members, their families, and their employees and families access to a first-class group health insurance program throughout New York State. We look forward to watching the MVP Healthcare program grow into one of the most important benefits for Association members, and to a long and rewarding relationship between MVP Healthcare and the Association."
Highlights of the new NYSBA medical program through MVP Health Care include:
- Competitive rates for both sole practitioners and small to mid-size firms.
- Choice of three new PPO medical plan options with comprehensive prescription drug coverage included.
- Access to more than 500,000 providers through both MVP Health Care and CIGNA's nationwide network.
- Unlimited lifetime maximum on all plans for in-network care.
- Flexibility to seek care in-network or out-of-network, with no referrals needed.
- Extended call center hours with MVP's customer care center, which is open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., 7 days a week.
- Online access 24/7 to ask questions, search for participating providers, refill mail order prescriptions and more.
- Groups of two or more qualify for a rate savings of up to 15 percent.
- Comprehensive, top-quality plan designs from MVP Health Care, a carrier ranked among "America's Best Plans" by U.S. News and World Report and rated as "Excellent" by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
About MVP Health Care
Since 1983, MVP Health Care has served the needs of New Yorkresidents and currently provides health care to nearly 750,000 members across the state. In early 2007, MVP partnered with Cigna to offer their members unprecedented access to both MVP's extensive regional network, as well as Cigna's full network on a nationwide basis. All providers participating with both Cigna and MVP Health Care on a nationwide basis are considered in-network providers, including more than 500,000 primary care physicians, specialists and hospitals across the country.
For more information about the new NYSBA medical program, simply call USI Bertholon-Rowland's dedicated NYSBA Health Plan call center at (888) 834-3664. Additional details about this exciting new member benefit can also be found at www.brcorp.com/nysba/mvp
Contact: Andrew Rush
Director, Media Services & Public Affairs