What’s the Roadshow project?
• An initiative developed by the Solo and Small Firm Practice Team of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) in response to feedback that President Sharon Stern Gerstman received during her listening tour across the state.
• The feedback has given the Association a better understanding of the role it can play in collaborating with local and county bar associations.
•The goal of the program is to take resources and staff to local bars, its members and non-member attorneys in counties across the state in an effort to strengthen relationships and demonstrate the value of bar association membership.
• The roadshow initiative further aims to determine needs-based areas of local bar associations that NYSBA can support (membership, CLE programming, facilities use, affinity offers, etc.).
For the year 2017, the Solo and Small Firm Practice team has partnered with local bar associations to host the Roadshow program in the following areas:
- Tompkins County Bar Association (Ithaca); April 2017
- Bronx County Bar Association (Bronx); May 2017
- Fulton-Montgomery County Bar Association (Amsterdam); June 2017
- Bar Association of Niagara County (Sanborn); July 2017
- Jefferson County Bar Association (Watertown); September 2017
- Federation of Bar Associations of the 4th Judicial District (Glens Falls); October 2017
- Orleans County Bar Association (Medina); October 2017
- Rensselaer County Bar Association (Troy): November 2017
- Long Island Hispanic Bar Association (Central Islip); November 2017
• Each roadshow has been unique and tailored towards the particular bar associations’ needs that NYSBA can support.
• The roadshows also represent an opportunity for NYSBA to expose members to benefits they otherwise would not have been exposed to such as Free Legal Research through Fastcase.
More information coming soon!
For more information about the NYSBA roadshow project, please contact Minika N. Udoko, JD., Diversity Coordinator |
email@example.com Mark Wilson, Bar Services Specialist |
Check out pictures from our most recent roadshow, held in Central Islip on November 29th,