ELDER LAW AND SPECIAL NEEDS SECTION MENTOR PROGRAM
ELDER LAW AND SPECIAL NEEDS SECTION OFFERS OPPORTUNITIES FOR MENTORING
The Elder Law and Special Needs Section is pleased to announce it is accepting applications for the 2014 mentorship program. As in prior years, this program will pair an experienced elder law attorney with a Section member new to the practice of elder law for the coming year. The mentoring program will provide
- A one-on-one mentoring initiative matching experienced Elder Law and Special Needs attorneys with those who are newer to the practice; and
- Opportunities to work together on section programs, reports and events that will enhance careers and the profession.
The mentoring relationships will incorporate a number of different elements, encompassing a mix of formal and more "ad hoc" opportunities for mentors and mentees to collaborate. Section Committee Chairs are poised to welcome mentor/mentee pairs to work together on committee projects, reports, events, etc. As for ad hoc opportunities, we look forward to seeing what pairs come up with, and to learning from one another. We plan that there will be at least one communication per month, whether in person, by telephone or email, to keep continuity and maximize the value to the participants.
TO BE A MENTEE:
- You must be practicing elder law for fewer than 5 years;
- You must be a member in good standing of the Elder Law and Special Needs Section of NYSBA; and
- You must attend at least 2 Section meetings.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING TO BE A MENTOR OR MENTEE, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM AND EMAIL TO ANNE DELLO-IACONO (email@example.com) by no later than December 13, 2013 so that PARINGS MAY BE COMPLETED BEFORE OUR SECTION'S ANNUAL MEETING IN NEW YORK CITY ON JANUARY 28, 2014.
We look forward to making this a rewarding experience for both Mentors and Mentees!
Co-Chairs - Timothy E. Casserly and Joan Roberts,
VICE CHAIRS - Anne E. Dello-Iacono and RICHARD MARCHESE
Prospective Mentor Apprlication
Prospective Mentee Application