ELDER LAW AND SPECIAL NEEDS SECTION OFFERS OPPORTUNITIES FOR MENTORING
The Elder Law and Special Needs Section is pleased to announce it is accepting applications for the 2015 mentorship program. As in prior years, this program will pair an experienced elder law attorney with a Section member new to the practice of elder law for the coming year. The term is for one year, commencing January 31, 2015 and ending February 1, 2016. The mentoring program will provide
- A one-on-one mentoring initiative matching experienced Elder Law and Special Needs attorneys with those who are newer to the practice; and
- Opportunities to work together on section programs, reports and events that will enhance careers and the profession.
The mentoring relationships will incorporate a number of different elements, encompassing a mix of formal and more "ad hoc" opportunities for mentors and mentees to collaborate. Section Committee Chairs are poised to welcome mentor/mentee pairs to work together on committee projects, reports, events, etc. As for ad hoc opportunities, we look forward to seeing what pairs come up with, and to learning from one another. We plan that there will be at least one communication per month, whether in person, by telephone or email, to keep continuity and maximize the value to the participants.
TO BE A MENTEE:
- You must be practicing elder law for 5 years or fewer;
- You must be a member in good standing of the Elder Law and Special Needs Section of NYSBA; and
- You must attend at least 2 Section meetings.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING TO BE A MENTOR OR MENTEE, PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPROPRIATE FORM BELOW AND EMAIL TO ANNE DELLO-IACONO (email@example.com) or Richard Marchese (firstname.lastname@example.org) by no later than December 1, 2014 so that PARINGS MAY BE COMPLETED BEFORE OUR SECTION'S ANNUAL MEETING IN NEW YORK CITY ON JANUARY 27, 2015.
We look forward to making this a rewarding experience for both Mentors and Mentees!
Prospective Mentor Application
Prospective Mentee Application