Welcome to New York State Mock Trial
William Floyd High School wins the 2014 Mock Trial State Championship!
Runner-up: Notre Dame-Bishop Gibbons High School
View the recording of the Mock Trial Finals!
For information about our Mock Trial Tournament, Mock Trial Summer Institute and to view our Case Archives, click here to go to the Mock Trial Home Page!
The New York State Bar Association's Law, Youth and Citizenship Program co-sponsors with the New York Bar Foundation to provide these great programs.
Mock Trial Tournament
In this educational program, co-sponsored by The New York Bar Foundation, high school students have the opportunity to gain first hand knowledge of civil/criminal law and courtroom procedures. Thousands of students participate each year.
Objectives of the tournament are to:
• Teach students ethics, civility and professionalism;
• Further students’ understanding of the law, court procedures and the legal system;
• Improve proficiency in basic life skills, such as listening, speaking, reading and reasoning;
• Promote better communication and cooperation among the school community, teachers and students and members of the legal profession; and
• Heighten appreciation for academic studies and stimulate interest in law-related careers.
View the videos from our past Mock Trial Finals:
May 20, 2014: http://www.totalwebcasting.com/view/?func=VOFF&id=nysbar&date=2014-05-20&seq=1
May 21, 2013: http://www.totalwebcasting.com/view/?func=VOFF&id=nysbar&date=2013-05-21&seq=1
May 22, 2012: http://www.totalwebcasting.com/view/?func=VOFF&id=nysbar&date=2012-05-22&seq=1
Mock Trial Summer Institute
The Mock Trial Summer Institute (MTSI) was established in 2005 to strengthen students’ and teams’ understanding of Mock Trial and its applications. Forty-eight students are selected from New York State schools to attend this week–long, intensive camp-like
experience. Under the direction of counselors, who are Mock Trial teacher-coaches, and experienced attorneys, the students study all aspects of Mock Trial and apply their studies to the presentation of a Mock Trial case on the final day of MTSI.
Check out our Mock Trial Case Archives!