The Commercial and Federal Litigation Section of the New York State Bar Association is seeking application for its Publications Committee.
The mission of the New York State Bar Association's Commercial & Federal Litigation Section (the "Section") Publications Committee (the "Committee") is to manage and assist in all of the Section's publication efforts.
Membership in the Committee will be limited to fifteen (15) members, comprised of law students and those admitted to the bar for three (3) years or less.
The specific tasks of the Committee members are:
- Appointment as "Assistant Editors" to the Section journal, the New York Litigator. Committee members will assist the Editor in reviewing and editing articles and section reports submitted for publication;
- Attending Section events, free of charge, and draft summaries of said events of publication in the Commercial and Federal Litigation Section Newsletter (the "Newsletter");
- Working with the Editor of the Newsletter to keep abreast of changes to court rules, and update the Section website accordingly;
- Assisting with the Section's social media outreach;
- Offering research and writing assistance for reports/projects coordinated, and as requested by, the Section Committees; and
- Participating in any other discrete projects as assigned by the Committee Chair.
The Committee is seeking applications for seven (7) spots for a two-year term beginning on June 1, 2018. Interested applicants should submit the attached application, along with a resume and brief writing sample (five (5) pages or less) by email to:
Daniel K. Wiig, Esq.
Co-Chair, Publications Committee
Editor, NY Litigator
Applications must be submitted by March 30, 2018. Preference will be given to those applicants with journal experience. Successful applicants will be notified by late May 2018. Appointment to the Committee will be contingent on Section membership.