Committee on International Privacy Law
The Mission of the Committee on International Privacy Law is to provide a forum for international privacy law practitioners for the exchange of legal developments, knowledge and experience that will enable those lawyers to practice law more effectively in an ever-changing global environment.
The Committee on International Privacy Law is dedicated to achieving the goals of:
1. Increased communication, education and sharing of knowledge and experience among privacy lawyers who engage in the practice of international privacy law;
2. the facilitation of the exchange of information and ideas involving issues of international privacy law; and
3. the creation and development of activities and continuing legal education opportunities that will enable international privacy lawyers to better represent their clients.
MISSION RELATED ACTIVITES
The Committee on International Privacy Law of the International Section:
1. Holds events concerning international privacy law for members of the New York State Bar Association;
2. conducts meetings of the Committee to provide programs and CLE for international privacy lawyers on subjects of international privacy law, including presentations by distinguished privacy professionals;
3. fosters exchange of information, ideas and international privacy strategies among international privacy lawyers; and
4. coordinates Committee activities with other groups that share a similar mission, such as the New York Privacy Officers’ Forum and the International Association of Privacy Professionals.