Committee on Public International Law
New York is a center not only of international commerce, but of international law and diplomacy. In that light, the Committee on Public International Law seeks to foster the following goals:
- To educate the public and the bar about public international law and its role in international commerce and in world affairs;
- To disseminate information about recent developments in public international law;
- To provide a forum for the discussion of important current issues and controversies;
- To bring together practicing lawyers and public officials engaged in matters of public international law;
- To promote the rule of law; and
- To work with other committees of the Section and with other lawyers from throughout the State, the nation and the world to achieve these goals.