Join insurance industry professionals and their counsel in exploring topics that confront them daily. Some of New York's most respected attorneys will provide insights and updates on current legal issues that the savvy insurance professional won't want to miss!
2015 LAW SCHOOL FOR INSURANCE PROFESSIONALS
Presented by the NYSBA Torts, Insurance & Compensation Law Section
Program Dates and Locations:
(Click Location and Date for More Information and to Register)
Rochester | September 16
Holiday Inn Rochester Airport
911 Brooks Avenue, Rochester, NY 14624
New York City | September 17
NYS Insurance Fund
199 Church Street, New York, NY 10007
Albany | September 18
State Bar Center
One Elk Street, Albany, NY 12207
Long Island | September 24
Touro Law School
225 Eastview Drive, Central Islip, NY 11722
Cost: $90 (Groups of 5 or more: $80 per person)
Special thanks to our Overall Event Silver Sponsor:
Diamond Reporting & Legal Video
Long Island Site Supporter:
Hurwitz & Fine, P.C.
- Effective File Handling and Avoiding Bad Faith Claims: New cases on discoverability of claim files, requests for reserve information, and more
- Additional Insured Coverage Issues: Priority of coverage, tenders, the new ISO forms, and recent case law
- Liens, Liens Everywhere: A look at emerging law, Medicare/Medicaid liens, ERISA and Workers Compensation: How to address and safely protect yourself when settling case
- Auto Claims: Rental vehicle coverage, pizza delivery claims arising out of use of vehicle, and the interplay between the CGL policy exclusion for auto and coverage for mobile equipmen
- Emerging Risks: Cyber and data breach, drones, Uber vehicle coverage, and driverless cars
8:30-8:55am - Registration
9:00-9:15am - Welcome and Announcements
9:15-10:15am - Effective File Handling and Avoiding Bad Faith Claims
10:15-10:25am - Break
10:25-11:50am - Additional Insuranced Coverage issues
11:50am-1:05pm - Lunch (on your own)
1:05-2:05pm - Liens, Liens Everywhere
2:05-3:10pm - Auto Claims
3:10-3:20pm - Break
3:20-4:20pm - Emerging Risks
4:20pm - Adjourn
To view program faculty and to register, click dates and locations listed above.
Note: This course is geared toward insurance professionals and does not carry MCLE credit, though attorneys can benefit from the topics discussed and are encouraged to attend. NYSBA is not an accredited provider of Continuing Education (CE) programs for insurance professionals. A certificate of attendance will be provided to each attendee, and attendees may follow up in their respective jurisdictions to obtain CE credits for participation in this course.
Questions? Contact Kathy Plog at email@example.com or (518) 487-5681.