GLOBAL LAW WEEK
TUESDAY, june 12, 2018 - Wednesday, june 13, 2018
INTERNATIONAL BRIDGING THE GAP
Thursday, June 14, 2018 - friday, june 15, 2018
NEW YORK, NEW YORK
Fordham University School of Law
8:30 a.m. - 5:35 p.m.
5:40 - 7:00 p.m. - Cocktail Reception succeeding Wednesday's program
Have you started an international legal career or are you interested in expanding your skill set to include international law?
It can be challenging to develop the knowledge and experience necessary to represent clients in international legal affairs, such as cross-border mergers and acquisitions, international litigation and arbitration, and international corporate law. In the increasingly globalized and interconnected world, legal work often requires a multidisciplinary, cross-border approach. Issues may be complex and varied, and it often takes years to learn about the many aspects of international practice. Organized by the New York State Bar Association, International Section, this course covers critical aspects of international law for those entering or practicing in this diverse and complex area. Join a distinguished and experience NYSBA International faculty and learn about the fundamental underlying areas of cross-border practice and other critical aspects of international law, and receive sixteen (16) Mandatory Continuing Legal Education credits, including two (2) ethics credits.
Panel topics include :
- Framework of International Practice
- Marketing and Distribution in the U.S. and Around the World
- International IP: Copyrights, Trademarks and Patents
- International Employment Law
- International Tax
- Cross-Border M&A: Buying and Selling Companies Around the World
- Business and Human Rights: The UN Guiding Principles
- International Litigation Basics
- International Arbitration
- International Bankruptcy Basics
- Cross-Border Data Protection and Cyber-Security
- International Trust and Estates
- What's a Little Lanyap Between Friends? The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- International Corporate Compliance
- Ethics in the International Practice of Law
Register details coming soon!
For more information about this program contact Tiffany Bardwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.