NYS MOCK TRIAL TOURNAMENT
2014 New York State Mock Trial Champions:
William Floyd High School
- Runner-up: Notre Dame-Bishop Gibbons High School
Mock Trial Tournament
In this educational program, co-sponsored by The New York Bar Foundation, high school students have the opportunity to gain first hand knowledge of civil/criminal law and courtroom procedures. Thousands of students participate each year.
Objectives of the tournament are to:
• Teach students ethics, civility and professionalism;
• Further students’ understanding of the law, court procedures and the legal system;
• Improve proficiency in basic life skills, such as listening, speaking, reading and reasoning;
• Promote better communication and cooperation among the school community, teachers and students and members of the legal profession; and
• Heighten appreciation for academic studies and stimulate interest in law-related careers.
View the videos from our Mock Trial Finals:
May 20, 2014:
May 21, 2013:
May 22, 2012:
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! @NYSMOCKTRIAL
WE HAVE BOARDS ON PINTEREST TOO!
You'll find the most up to the minute case, tournament, and MTSI information on the Facebook site.
The ABA has great Mock Trial scripts for elementary aged classes available in their
Assistance is available to teachers for purchase of the ABA materials.
Check out this great bit on Sesame Street featuring Justice Sotomayor
here. And the
ABA article regarding the Justice's appearance.
If you are interested in starting a Mock Trial Team at your school, contact Kim Francis at 518-486-5760 or
The New York Bar Foundation provides funding for this program in conjunction with The New York State Bar Association's Law, Youth and Citizenship Program.
County Coordinators: Click HERE for information