Topics to be discussed will include the following:
· Using website and social media sites for promotions and contests.
· Online customer data collection, privacy and handling of subpoenas.
· First Amendment and right of publicity issues raised by native advertising.
· Copyright, fair use and licensing of images and still photographs.
· Protections and processes for online platforms and copyright holders under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act.
· Protections from liability for libel and other claims under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act
Program Chair and Moderator:
Townsend Davis, Assistant Chief Counsel in the Law and Regulation Department of ABC, Inc.
Elizabeth McNamara, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
Corrine Irish, Squire Sanders
Rick Kurnit, Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz PC
Judith R. Margolin, Former Deputy General Counsel and Deputy Chief Compliance Officer for Time Inc.