Affinia Manhattan | 371 Seventh Avenue at 31st Street | New York, NY 10001-3984 | (212) 563-1800
7.0 TOTAL CREDITS (3.5 professional practice; 2.5 skills; 1.0 ethics)
This course has been approved for MCLE credit in New York for all attorneys, including newly admitted (less than 24 months).
NYSBA Committee on Continuing Legal Education is an accredited provider in the States of New York, California, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
BY ATTENDING THIS PROGRAM YOU WILL
- Learn a fundamental but practical overview of handling a residential home sale or purchase
- Learn practical tips covering pre-contract issues; contract drafting; negotiation; financing; surveys; and more
- Hear discussion on the ethical issues related to sales of homes
This program provides a step-by-step guide as well as practical tips to attorneys in purchases and sales of homes, covering: pre-contract issues such as dealing with brokers and property inspection; clause-by-clause review of contract drafting and negotiation, including mortgage contingency clause issues; mortgage financing issues; title and survey examination and insurance; pulling it all together at the closing; and ethical issues related to sales of homes.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- All attorneys seeking a fundamental but practical overview of handling a residential home sale or purchase.
- Attorneys practicing in the area of Real Property Law; Banking; Contracts. May also be of interest to brokers or realtors.
2. PRE-CONTRACT CONSIDERATIONS
3. CONTRACT DRAFTING AND NEGOTIATION
4. CONTRACT NEGOTIATION (continued)
5. MORTGAGE FINANCING
11:50-12:00 QUESTION AND ANSWER PERIOD
12:00-1:00 LUNCH (on your own)
6. TITLE EXAMINATION AND DISPOSITION OF OBJECTIONS
7. SURVEY EXAMINATION
8. ETHICS AND PROFESSIONALISM
9. PREPARATION FOR CLOSING; CLOSING; POST CLOSING MATTERS
4:05-4:15 QUESTION AND ANSWER PERIOD
Chair: Mindy H. Stern, Esq., Schoeman Updike Kaufman Stern & Ascher LLP, New York, NY
Panel: Mindy H. Stern, Esq., Schoeman Updike Kaufman Stern & Ascher LLP, New York, NY * Karl B. Holtzschue, Esq., Law Office of Karl B. Holtzschue, New York, NY * Kristin V. Bellouny, Esq., Title Associates, New York, NY * Ariel Weinstock, Esq., Katsky Korins LLP, New York, NY * J. Richard Supple, Jr., Esq., Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, New York City * Jeffrey M. Cooper, Esq., Reis Cooper LLP, New York, NY.
ELECTRONIC COURSE MATERIALS (ECM)
Course Materials for NYSBA CLE Programs Are Now Distributed electronically! For more information, go to www.nysba.org/ECM
Co-sponsored by the Real Property Law Section and the Committee on Continuing Legal Education of the New York State Bar Association