The Litigation and International IP Law Committees of the Intellectual Property Law Section present:
21st Century Intellectual Property Protection and Enforcement in China
June 25, 2014
Noon-12:30pm | Registration and lunch
12:30-2:00pm | Presentation
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
1114 Avenue of the Americas
(The Grace Building - 42nd St. between 5th and 6th Aves.)
21st Floor / Times Square Conference Room
New York, NY 10036
1.5 MCLE credits in Areas of Professional Practice
Credit will not apply to newly-admitted attorneys (under 24 months), because it is not a basic skills program.
Our distinguished speakers will discuss:
- Enforcing intellectual property and digital rights online and dealing with Chinese e-commerce sites such as Taobao, Alibaba, Aliexpress
- Strategies to combat copyright piracy
- Discussion of the new China Trademark Law (effective on May 1, 2014) and how it impacts brand protection, enforcement and anti-counterfeiting strategies
- How to “think” Chinese when doing business in China
- Linda Du, Associate, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP, New York, NY
- Sacha Tarrant, Director, Digital Rights Strategy & Enforcement, NBA Properties, Inc., New York, NY
Intellectual Property Law Section members: $15
All others: $45*
Law Students: $5
Price includes lunch.
Register online (below), or call the State Bar Service Center (M-F, 8:45am-4:45pm) at 800-582-2452, and mention event code IP2500JN14.
Litigation Committee: Paul Garrity, Esq. | Marc Lieberstein, Esq.
International IP Law Committee: Anil George, Esq. | Sujata Chaudhri, Esq.
*SPECIAL OFFER for current NYSBA members who are not members of the Intellectual Property Law Section: Receive a year of membership in the IP Law Section FREE with registration (a $30 value). Your free membership will be processed automatically following the program date. Membership will be valid through 12/31/2014, provided current NYSBA membership.
Questions? Contact Stephanie Bugos at IntellectualProperty@nysba.org.