2015 Distinguished Service Award
The Law, Youth & Citizenship Program of the New York State Bar
Association is accepting nominations for the Law-Related Education
Distinguished Service Awards. You may nominate an attorney for
To recognize the New York attorney who has made an outstanding
contribution to law-related education (LRE) and whose voluntary service
has: 1) fostered understanding of the values of our legal and judicial
systems; 2) informed and educated students as to the roles in society of
the law, the courts, the law enforcement agencies and the legal
profession; 3) stimulated a deeper sense of individual responsibility by
helping students recognize their duties, as well as their rights; 4)
encouraged effective law-related education programs in their communities
and in their schools; and 5) increased communication and understanding
among students, educators and those involved professionally in the legal
Any attorney in the State of New York who has:
- been active in LRE for at least three years with students in grades
- participated in the development of materials and programs, or made
other important contributions that have an impact on students and others
and that are recognized at the local and state levels;
- voluntarily given his/her time and resources in support of LRE, such
as serving on planning committees, reviewing materials and programs and
responding to requests for assistance; and
- not previously received this award.
1. All entries must be submitted in typed format.
2. Entries may be submitted by applicant or by nomination.
3. One original copy of information is required per nominee.
4. Each application must include the following:
a) Cover letter
b) Resume of applicant (maximum of one page)
c) Summary of LRE activities (maximum of one page)
d) Letters of support (maximum of 5, may be handwritten or
typed). Letters of support should include educators, students and
community resource persons.
Send nominations to:
Law, Youth & Citizenship Program
LRE Distinguished Service Award
c/o New York State Bar Association
One Elk Street
Albany, NY 12207