The mission of the New York State Bar Association’s Commercial & Federal Litigation Section (the “Section”) Publications Committee (the “Committee”) is to manage and assist in all of the Section’s publication efforts. Membership in the Committee will be limited to fifteen (15) members, comprised of law students and those admitted to the bar for three (3) years or less.
The specific tasks of the Committee members will be:
- appointment as “Assistant Editors” to the Section journal, the New York Litigator. Committee members will assist the Editor in reviewing and editing articles and section reports submitted for publication;
- attending Section events, free of charge, and draft summaries of said events of publication in the Commercial and Federal Litigation Section Newsletter (the “Newsletter”);
- working with the Editor of the Newsletter to keep abreast of changes to court rules, and update the Section website accordingly;
- assisting with the Section’s social media outreach;
- offering research and writing assistance for reports/projects coordinated, and as requested by, the Section Committees; and
- participating in any other discrete projects as assigned by the Committee Co-Chairs.
The Committee Co-Chairs are Mark Davies, Tarrytown, NY and Daniel Wiig, Municipal Credit Union, New York City
The Committee is seeking applications for five (5) spots for a two-year term beginning on June 1, 2019. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, along with a resume and brief writing sample (five (5) pages or less) by email to:
Ramos & Artal LLC