The International IP Law Committee and Litigation Committee of the
Intellectual Property Law Section present:
Cuba: Is Your Trademark in Jeopardy?
March 25, 2015
5:45pm | Registration
6:00pm - 7:15pm | Presentation
7:15pm - 8:30pm | Reception
Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu, P.C.
866 UN Plaza
at First Avenue & 48th Street
New York, NY 10017
Our distinguished speaker will discuss:
- The Exception to the Cuba Embargo for Protection of United States Companies' Intellectual Property
- The Cuba Trademark System
- Registration of United States Trademarks (not by the owner) in Cuba
- Oppositions & Cancelations in Cuba
- Interamerican Trademark Convention of 1929
- Retaining counsel for Cuba; issues with payment; embargo and ethical issues
- Jaime Angeles, Partner, Angeles & Lugo Lovatón, Dominican Republic
- Rachel Kronman, Associate, Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz PC
1.5 MCLE credits in Areas of Professional Practice
Credit will not apply for newly-admitted attorneys (under 24 months), because it is not a basic skills program.
Intellectual Property Law Section members: $15
All others: $25
Law Students: $5
*SPECIAL OFFER for current NYSBA members who are not members of the Intellectual Property Law Section: Receive membership in the IP Law Section (a $30 value) INCLUDED with the $45 registration rate. Your membership will be processed automatically following the program date. Membership will be valid through 12/31/2015, provided current NYSBA membership.
International IP Law Committee: Linda Du, Esq., Kilpatrick Townsend LLP, Chair
Litigation Committee: Marc A. Lieberstein, Esq., Kilpatrick Townsend LLP; Paul Garrity, Esq., Sheppard Mullin LLP, Co-Chairs
Click here to register online or call our State Bar Service Center at 1-800-582-2452 to register over the telephone.