• Please submit your article in electronic format as an email attachment.
• Feature articles should run from 1,000 to 4,000 words, including endnotes.
• Please include a short, one-paragraph biography; professional social media and website information; and a high-resolution headshot with your article.
• Provide your mailing address so we can send complimentary copies upon publication. The Journal reserves the right to make final determinations without author approval as it deems appropriate in the editing, format, and publication of all submissions.
• Microsoft Word is the preferred word-processing software.
• Keep format structure simple. Do not underline any text, use italics instead.
• Do not place citations in body of the text. Notation style is endnote format, not footnote.
• Use of subheadings is encouraged for longer articles.
Authors are responsible for the accuracy and format presentation of related cites. In general follow the Bluebook. Official cites are required, and authors are responsible for accuracy of all quoted material. Notes should be of reasonable length. Avoid the extensive use of notes that might be more appropriate for a law review format. Do not place case citations in the body of the text.
MCLE credit may be earned for legal-based writing directed to an attorney audience upon application to the CLE Board. Guidelines for Obtaining MCLE Credit for Writing as well as a Publication Credit Application are available.
For more information, contact NYSBA Journal Production Editor Kate Mostaccio at email@example.com or Managing Editor Dan Weiller at firstname.lastname@example.org.