Food, Drug and Cosmetic Law Section Committees
To join a Section Committee, please email the staff liaison and indicate which committee(s) you wish to join. Thank you!
The Food, Drug and Cosmetic Law Section is seeking volunteers to join and lead its revised committees. Toward the end of the Section’s Annual Meeting on January 29, 2015, we will discuss the new committee structure and determine next year’s committee chairs. Our revised committee structure mirrors the topical areas of FDA law and includes:
- Food Law (includes dietary supplements and human and animal food)
- Drug Law (includes prescription new drugs and generic drugs, OTC drugs)
- Medical Device Law (includes medical devices and radiation-emitting devices)
- Biologics Law (includes biologics, biosimilars, vaccines, and blood)
- Veterinary Medicine Law (note: does not include animal food, see food law)
- Tobacco Products Law (FDA-regulated products and related issues)
- Cosmetics Law
- FDA Lawyer Outreach (includes website, LinkedIn account and other social media, NYSBA community, FDA lawyers, FDLI, newsletter, marketing, young lawyer and experienced lawye recruitment, in-house and outside counsel issues, ethics, and development of FDA lawyer resources); and
- Legislative and Government Affairs (includes parallel reviews with other government agencies such as CMS, DEA, NRC, USPTO, and other MOUs/reviews as well as coordinating comments on FDA-related regulatory materials including NY state).
Each committee is in charge of monitoring the FDA subject area or providing feedback to update/revise the Section’s materials as appropriate (at least quarterly), providing a topic and developing a panel for the NYSBA Annual Meeting each January and continuing legal education, which may be co-sponsored with other Sections (proposed date March/April). The FDA Lawyer Outreach also plans a summer meeting (June/July/August) to visit an FDA public or advisory committee, New York State Legislature, NY court case, young lawyer, in-house/outside-counsel, FDA counsel event, or similar outreach that may be coordinated with other Committees or NYSBA Sections. The Legislative/Government Affairs provides the Section with at least quarterly opportunities to comment on FDA regulatory or FDA-related NY state laws or rulemakings.
If you are interested in Chairing a Committee, please contact me at email@example.com and let me know your interest.
Brian J. Malkin, Chair, NYSBA Food, Drug & Cosmetic Law Section
2001 K Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20006-1040