To join a Section Committee, please email the staff liaison and indicate which committee(s) you wish to join. Thank you!
The Food, Drug and Cosmetic Law Section is seeking volunteers to join and lead its committees. Our committee structure mirrors the topical areas of FDA law and includes:
- Food Law (includes dietary supplements and human and animal food) Mission Statement
- Drug Law (includes prescription new drugs and generic drugs, OTC drugs) Mission Statement
- Medical Device Law (includes medical devices and radiation-emitting devices) Mission Statement
- Biologics Law (includes biologics, biosimilars, vaccines, and blood) Mission Statement
- Animal Health Law (note: does not include animal food, see food law) Mission Statement
- Tobacco Products Law (FDA-regulated products and related issues) Mission Statement
- Cosmetics Law (FDA-regulated cosmetics and products) Mission Statement
Each of the committees will be involved in:
- FDA Lawyer Outreach (includes website, LinkedIn account and other social media, NYSBA community, FDA lawyers, FDLI, newsletter, marketing, young lawyer and experienced lawye recruitment, in-house and outside counsel issues, ethics, and development of FDA lawyer resources); and
- Legislative and Government Affairs (includes parallel reviews with other government agencies such as CMS, DEA, NRC, USPTO, and other MOUs/reviews as well as coordinating comments on FDA-related regulatory materials including NY state) as opportunities arise.
Each committee is in charge of monitoring the FDA subject area or providing feedback to update/revise the Section’s materials as appropriate (at least quarterly), providing a topic and developing a panel for the NYSBA Annual Meeting each January and continuing legal education, which may be co-sponsored with other Sections (proposed date March/April). The Executive Commitee will consider options for a summer meeting (June/July/August) to visit an FDA public or advisory committee, New York State Legislature, NY court case, young lawyer, in-house/outside-counsel, FDA counsel event, or similar outreach that may be coordinated with other Committees or NYSBA Sections.
If you are interested in joining or chairing a Committee, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know your interest.
Brian J. Malkin, Chair, NYSBA Food, Drug & Cosmetic Law Section
2001 K Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20006-1040