Dear EASL and IP Section Members:
On Saturday, February 23rd, the EASL and IP Sections will be co-sponsoring a Pro Bono Clinic at Dance/NYC's 2019 Symposium. The Clinic will take place between 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. at Hunter College, 695 Park Avenue, NYC.
If you are a licensed attorney and would like to volunteer for one or more of the 30 minute time slots, please email Elissa D. Hecker at email@example.com and specify your contact information (name, firm/company, phone number and email address), which time slot(s), area(s) of expertise, and whether you are an EASL and/or IP Section member.
We are looking for volunteers with experience in the following general areas:
- 501(c)(3) vs. LLC/Corp structure issues, choice of entity for incorporation- for- vs. not- for-profit (please specify if you have not-for-profit incorporation experience)
- Basics of corporate setup
- Agreements in general, including collaboration and ownership, performer, film crew, independent contractor language, etc.
- Copyright questions for choreographic works, protection of choreography
- Business related, general contract questions
- Fair Use issues
- General entertainment
- Intellectual Property (copyright and trademarks)
- Immigration, visas
If you do not have pro bono liability insurance, you may be covered under EASL and IP’s policy for this Clinic. Please notify Elissa if you need such coverage.
As the only full-day gathering of the dance community in the metropolitan area, the Symposium aims to share information and innovation and to stimulate awareness, interest, and ongoing engagement in dance. It will make use of multiple studios for panel discussions, case studies, interactive workshops, a networking lunch, and more. For more information about the Symposium, please visit https://www.dance.nyc/programs/dancenyc-events/dancesymp/overview.
Elissa D. Hecker
EASL Pro Bono Steering Committee Co-Chair
IP Pro Bono Committee Chair