Need to learn how to prevent hackers from compromising your client's confidential information? Or want to know how the latest Macs, iPhones and iPads can be used effectively in your law practice?
This and so much other timely and cutting-edge information will be available at the New York State Bar Association's first-ever technology summit at Crowne Plaza in Times Square, Sept. 19 and Sept. 20, 2019.
The tech summit will bring together national speakers and key New York attorneys from large and small firms, including members of the NYSBA Committee on Technology and the Legal Profession and the Committee on Law Practice Management.
Jack Newton, CEO of Clio, who will deliver the keynote address, and the Hon. Lisa Margaret Smith, United States magistrate judge for the Southern District of New York, are among the numerous experts that will be on hand.
Mark Berman, chair of the Committee on Technology and the Legal Profession and a member of NYSBA's Executive Committee, is program co-chair of the Tech Summit along with Paul J. Unger, an attorney and founding principal of Affinity Consulting Group.
The experts will explore ways new technologies are affecting law firms and client information. Meetings and other breakout sessions will cover an array of topics including cybersecurity and ways to improve office efficiency. Panelists will provide attendees the information they need to stay abreast of recent tech cases, legislation and what is on the horizon.
During this special day-and-a-half-long program, attendees will be able to earn 12 MCLE credits. The programs will also be recorded, and in-person participants will receive access to all the program recordings including two bonus online archives. In total, they will receive 24 credit hours satisfying the New York MCLE requirement.
Get answers to tech questions, learn about new areas of law and learn to become more efficient in your practice. Gain key practical skills, save time and money.
Keynote, Plenary and Breakout Session Topics Include:
• Cybersecurity and Ethical Pitfalls of Everyday Law Office Computing
• The Latest on How Macs, iPhones and iPads Can be Used Effectively in a Law Practice
• Cybersecurity - Law Firm Hackers Just Because You're Cyber-Paranoid, Doesn't Mean the Hacker's Aren't Out to Get You!
• Word Master Class Power Hour and PDF Master Class Power Hour
• Cyber Insurance Demystified - Necessary, Expensive and Confusing
• Hey Siri, Hey Alexa … Is this Admissible?
• Cybersecurity and Ethical Considerations
• How to Start-Up or Start-Over with Tech … in the Cloud and on the Ground
• Who's Reading Your Email, Who Owns Your Social Media and Data
• Legal Tech Tips, Tricks, Gadgets and Cool Stuff - Your Technology Action Plan
The two-day event will begin Thursday, Sept. 19 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and continue Friday, Sept. 20 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Don't miss this special opportunity. Continental breakfasts, a generous lunch buffet and premium reception are included. Register today and guarantee your seat at the program.
To register, please visit www.nysba.org/2019techsummit/. If you have any questions about this program, please contact Katherine Suchocki at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-487-5590.
Can't get enough tech? The September/October NYSBA Journal will feature a specially themed tech issue.