Trial Lawyers Section Summer Meeting - Mystic, CT
Thursday, August 2 - Sunday, August 5, 2018
Hyatt Place Mystic | 224 Greenmanville Avenue, Mystic, CT
Hotel Accommodations: Hyatt Place Mystic
Please call the hotel directly to reserve: Jean Korth at (860) 536 9997 ext. 5105, or Kate Smith at x. 5103. Price will be at the going rate (room block rate has expired), but please call in order to associate your reservation with the New York State Bar Association group.
See Registration Form for pricing and special rates for young lawyers, commuters, and first-time attendees.
Up Your Game in Trial Practice:
Offering 6.0 MCLE credits for both
Experienced and Newly Admitted Attorneys. Topics include:
- Success at Trial - Suggestions on Techniques and
Preparation and use of visual aids and records, using expert witness
responses to advance Article 16 defenses, direct and cross examination of
plaintiffs and experts (including difficult witnesses), working with a
hostile judge, jury selection, summation, and more.
- Social Media Issues: Screening of clients, adverse parties, evidentiary
issues and recent case law including Forman v Henkin
- 2018 CPLR Update
- 2018 Ethics Update
Get top tips and recommendations
from our distinguished speakers including:
- Prof. Patrick Connors: Albert and Angela Farone Distinguished Professor of Law in Civil Practice at Albany Law School. The first installment of Connors and David D. Siegels' book, New York Practice (6th ed. 2018), was recently published. The treatise has been cited in thousands of reported decisions and has been called "The Bible" for litigation in New York State courts.
- John Lyddane: Consistently ranked among the top attorneys by his
peers, with an AV Preeminent® rating by Martindale-Hubbell and inclusion
in the "Best Lawyers in America." Lyddane is a fellow of the
American College of Trial Lawyers.
- Alfred Vigorito: With 35 years of litigation experience, Vigorito was
recently elected to the prestigious Litigation Counsel of America. Tried over 100 cases to verdict in NYS Supreme Court and Federal Court for
the Southern District. Began in the Bronx County DA's office;
served as Special Asst. U.S. attorney in the So. District under
Rudolph Giuliani. Currently focuses on defending medical negligence cases.
- W. Russell Corker: Started as an ADA in Nassau Co., later moving from
Criminal to Civil practice representing hospitals and physicians in
medical malpractice issues. Since 1980, has represented
patients and families in med mal and personal injury cases.
Repeatedly selected for inclusion in New York Super Lawyers® and earned
Martindale-Hubbell's highest rating, AV Preeminent®.
- Robert B. Gibson: Represents major hospitals and physicians in high
exposure medical malpractice actions and lectures nationwide on med mal
litigation and trial tactics. Repeatedly selected for
inclusion in New York Super Lawyers® and has earned Martindale-Hubbell's
highest rating, AV Preeminent®.
While You're at it, Experience the Best of Mystic, CT!
- Dinners at the Mystic Yachting Center and the Mystic Museum of Art
- Golf at the Rees Jones designed Lake of Isles
Course at Foxwoods or the Pequot Golf Club
- Mystic River Cruise on the
Steamboat Sabino (designated a National Historic Landmark)
historic Mystic Seaport and shop at Olde Mystick Village
View full event agenda >
View brochure (PDF) for pricing.
> View photos from last year's Summer Meeting in Hershey, PA
Interested in Sponsoring? There's Still Time!
Download the Sponsorship Form here
Contact Catheryn Teeter, 518-487-5573 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information, or Stephanie Bugos at email@example.com / ph: (518) 487-5524.