Topics and Speakers:
Decision on Verizon FOIL Request
There have been recent developments in the interpretation and application of New York's Freedom of Information Law. This Panel explores these recent developments and what they mean for lawyers and parties seeking access to information in PSC proceedings and those seeking to protect commercially sensitive information from disclosure.
- Mary Krayeske (Moderator), Con Edison
- Joe Post, Deputy General Counsel - NY, Verizon
- George Pond, Partner, Barclay Damon, LLP
- Robert Freeman, Executive Director, Committee on Open Government, NYS Department of State
State and Federal Jurisdiction Issues
In the current session, the U.S. Supreme Court has taken three cases challenging state and federal energy initiatives: FERC v. Electric Power Supply Assn., the Order 745 Case decided January 25, 2016, plus PPL Energyplus v. Nazarian and PPL Energyplus v. Hanna (consolidated by the Supreme Court as Hughes v. PPL Energyplus, LLC). The Panel addresses whether at the end of the present Supreme Court session there will be clear guidance for the appropriate roles of federal and state regulators in the 21st century energy industry or whether the current uncertainty will persist, leading state and federal regulators to skirmish over emerging energy issues. The Panel also addresses the implications of these scenarios for various constituents and stakeholders.
- David Lodemore (Moderator), Senior Counsel, National Grid USA
- Elias Farrah, Partner, Winston & Strawn LLP
- David Drexler, Acting Managing Attorney, Department of Public Service
- Erin Murphy, Partner, Bancroft PLLC
- Larry Eisenstat, Partner, Crowell & Moring
Clean Power Plan
Discussion of the Clean Power Plan, the recent Supreme Court decision on this and how it affects New York.
- Jeffrey Greenblatt (Moderator), Senior Counsel Regulatory, PSEG Long Island LLC
- Kevin Healy, Partner, Bryan Cave
- Jared Snyder, Deputy Commissioner, Air Resources, Climate Change and Energy, DEC
- Michael Myers, Chief, Affirmative Litigation Section, Environmental Protection Bureau, Office of the Attorney General
- Justin Gundlach, Climate Law Fellow, Sabin Center for Climate Change Law, Columbia Law School
Lobbying Act, Public Officers Law, & Current New York Compliance Issues: An Overview of Limitations and Disclosure Obligations
Speaker: Mark Glaser, Partner, Greenberg Traurig, LLP