* MMSEA Section 111
- How does this reporting obligation relate to Medicare Secondary Payer?
- How can I avoid the $1,000/day non-compliance penalty?
- Does MMSEA = MSA?
* Addressing Medicare-s Past Interest: Conditional Payment Reimbursement
- What is a “conditional payment?”
- Why does it take so long to obtain a conditional payment letter?
- How can I get the final number from Medicare faster?
- Does the SMART Act provide any relief?
* Addressing Medicare-s Future Interest: Are MSAs the Only Answer?
- What-s the latest from Medicare about liability settlements and future medicals?
- Is the Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking binding on all parties?
- How can I prepare for the final regulations coming from Medicare?
- What steps must I take to ensure that a closed file stays closed?
* Ethics and the MSP Act
- How do the Model Rules of Professional Conduct interact with MSP obligations?
- May a plaintiff-s attorney indemnify a defendant on Medicare issues?
- How can I ensure I am meeting my ethical obligations when it comes to MSAs?
About the Speaker: John V. Cattie, Jr., Esq.heads the Future Cost of Care Practice at the Garretson Resolution Group. John counsels lawyers across the country with respect to Medicare compliance under the Medicare Secondary Payer Act. John also advises attorneys on the applicability and use of Medicare Set-Aside Agreements (MSAs) in the context of personal injury, no-fault and workers- compensation settlements. John is a frequent speaker at CLE programs nationwide on Medicare Secondary Payer Act compliance.
Total MCLE Credits 4.0
Ethics MCLE Credits 1.0
This archived webcast is a video online program that you will view and listen to on your computer screen.
Total Credits: 4.00 | Ethics: 1.00, Areas of Professional Practice: 3.00
Click "Add to Cart" to purchase full program or click a title below to purchase by topic.