Embassy Suites by Hilton
Saratoga Springs, NY
View/Download Program Agenda and Meeting Registration Form
Book your hotel room online or call the hotel directly at 518-290-9090 for your reservation by Wednesday, May 30th.
Make sure to mention that you are with the NYSBA group for the June 29-30th meeting.
This program provides up to 4.5 MCLE credit hours consisting of 2.0 credit in Skills,
1.0 in Areas of Professional Practice and 1.5 credit hours in Law Practice Management
for both experienced and newly-admitted attorneys.
$75 Young Lawyer Section Member
$100 NYSBA Member or Co-Sponsoring Bar Association
$125 Non-NYSBA Member/Non-Co-Sponsoring Bar Association
$25 Spouse/Guest Fee for Friday Dinner
$20 Join the Young Lawyers Section Now and Register at Section Member Rate
Learn more about the section go to: www.nysba.org/joinyls
SPECIAL OFFER: A limited number of scholarships are available to members of the Section who have not
attended a Young Lawyers Section event in the last year. We are offering complimentary overnight stay
or one night at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Saratoga Springs, and complimentary meeting registration
fee. Scholarships are based on a first come, first serve basis. Send your name and contact information
o Lori Nicoll at email@example.com to apply for this special offer. Young Lawyers Section Executive Committee
Members do not qualify.
Topics will be:
Flip Your Memory Switch: Memory Techniques for Lawyers (2.0 credits in Skills)
A trained memory is a powerful professional and personal skill that is integral to success in the legal profession.
Having the information you need at your mental fingertips can mean the difference between winning and losing a case.
• Remember names and increase the likelihood of successful networking
• Have facts and figures at your mental fingertips
• Learn how to use your memory and the techniques shared to make a powerful first impression
• Remember key information shared by clients and staff
• Learn how to share information with clients and staff in a way that will dramatically increase the listeners retention of key information
Panelists: Matthew Goerke, Memory Switch, Hackettstown, NJ and Terrence Lee Tarver, Esq., Tarver Law Firm, P.C. Garden City, NY
The Introverted Lawyer: Authentically Empowered Advocacy Knowing Who You Are to Get the
Results Your Clients Need. An Introspective Look at Introverted Lawyers and How to Amplify Our
Voices in an Authentic Manner to be Impactful Advocates (1.0 credits in Areas of Professional Practice)
• Differences Among Introversion, Shyness, and Social Anxiety
• Differences in the Ways Introverts and Extroverts Process Information, Energy, and Competing Stimuli
• Distinctions Between Introversion and Shyness/Social Anxiety
• Challenges Quiet Lawyers Can Face in Lawyering
• On-the-Spot Performance Scenarios (Negotiation,Oral Argument)
• Assets Quiet Lawyers Bring to the Profession
• Inauthenticity; National Task Force on Lawyer Well-Being Report and the Role of Fear in Mistake-Making
• Seven-Step Process for Amplifying Our Authentic Voices
Speaker: Professor Heidi K. Brown, Brooklyn Law School
Mindfulness for Lawyers (1.5 credits in Law Practice Management)
Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, emotions, bodily sensations, and the
surrounding environment. It is also a set of techniques and methods for systematically developing this awareness. The
practice of mindful awareness has a variety of well-documented impacts for legal professionals, including a reduction in
toxic stress hormones, an increase in emotion regulation, and an improvement in sustained attention, focus and
executive functioning. Thus, the practice of being more mindful improves your overall experience as an attorney,
you are happier at your job AND you are more productive and effective. The central objective of the course is for
participants to learn the tools necessary to continue their mindfulness practice after the course is completed.
Handouts will be provided after the course. This is an experiential course, so you will be both learning the techniques
and applying them. There will be some movement as well, so please wear comfortable clothing.
Speaker: Samara D. Anderson, Esq.,Legal and Policy Advisor for the State of Vermont, Agency of Human Services, Registered Yoga MedicineTM Yoga Teacher
Come and join your colleagues at the section's first summer meeting this year in Saratoga Springs!
To learn more about the section go to: www.nysba.org/joinyls/
For questions please contact Lori Nicoll at (518) 487-5563 email firstname.lastname@example.org.